Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Heavy Gifts

I'll have to think of a better header for such an ostentatious blog. But, my first deep question of the year is: how do people carry responsibities for intercession, caring for, and ministering to people without feeling the weight of that responsibility as I do so often? Does it come with experience? Or do you just learn that you are not God and do not have to be? Or do you just get better at interceding without carrying things so much?

Prophets of the OT seemed to carry this heaviness, responsibility, and calling. Yet, our pastor says that was a "role" as opposed to today's "gifting". We are called to joy, celebration, grace, and faith...not to the position the prophets held in that day and age.

I am not sure I have read this in a book anywhere. When I read of "deep" levels of intercession, there is always a period of intensity...to the point that I have become, I believe, and overly intense person most of the time. I just feel it's our job to take life and prayer seriously...or are we?

Are we just supposed to be a joyful, faith-filled people who take it seriously, but also know the joy of release and trust?

I think so.

No comments: